Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hackers Into Space

I recently learned that hackers and independent space programs are trying to reach the moon on rockets they built themselves.  I think this is absolutely crazy and very dangerous.  If they do, they need to make sure they have a really safe journey and check all the precautions before launching into space.  If these people can do this then space exploration is on a whole other level than it used to be.  No one in the past would have thought of building their own spacecraft and launching it into orbit.  These amazingly smart people doing this are saving a lot of money on space travels and are trying to reach for new heights.  It’s a great thing, but also a very bad thing.  If they are safe about it, then I am all for it.  However, I feel like something will go wrong when they get into orbit and they will have trouble landing back on earth safely.  They don’t have the technology NASA had, unless somehow they are brilliant geniuses with a lot of money.  I do not think all of these missions into orbit will go so smoothly.  I think they can travel into orbit and fly around for a little, but landing on the moon?  I don’t think so.  It took NASA awhile before we could land on the moon and there were still some struggles along the way for them.  Imagine these independent space programs trying to do this.  It’s just plain dangerous.  I love how people want to explore space more because our own country won’t do it that much, but these people are taking it to the extreme.  I’m just looking out for their well-being and I really hope they have safe travels.  Overall, I believe a lot of these privately owned space programs will have some failures along the way without a team of advanced scientists like the NASA program.         

No comments:

Post a Comment